20V 'Blacktop' Project - Day 21
This evening after work, I combined the engine & tranny and also mounted
the Blacktop into the MR2.
Here are pics of the Fidanza flywheel and Clutchmasters Stage 2
Pics showing how high the rear of the car was raised in order to slide
the engine underneath. We went quite a bit higher when putting this engine
in, since it was sitting on the creeper and also since we couldn't tilt
the engine much. Just a note, there was no need for me to raise the front
of the car. There was just enough clearance with the front air dam to raise
the rear up high enough.
Here's after we lowered the car down onto the engine. We went fairly slow
with this and in stages. At times we had to maneuver the engine slightly,
so as not to endanger the throttle bodies or the exhaust manifold. After
these pics were taken, the hoist was moved over the car, and the engine
was raised in place.
Here the engine is finally bolted into its mounts: