Front Caliper Rebuld Page 2/2
Page 1 and 2
1) Here's all the parts laid out:
2) Make sure everything is nice and clean. Use denatured alcohol
or clean brake fluid.
3) Using the grease that came with the rebuild kit, grease up
the cylinder o-ring. And then place it in the cylinder.
4) Grease up the piston
5) And insert it in the cylinder. It may take some force to get
it in there. But it should slide smoothly once over the seal.
6) Insert the new cylinder boot around the piston. Then insert
its set ring that holds the boot in place.
7) Grease the outside of the collar and slide it into the cylinder.
8) Grease one of the dust boots and insert it into the cylinder.
Then grease up the slider.
9) Now, here's a little trick. Take the other boot, and place
it backwards over one end of the slider.
10) Insert the end of the boot in the cylinder and slide the slider
11) Lock the boots in place over the ends of the slider. Repeat
steps 7-11 for the other slider.
12) Reinstallation of the calipers on the car is opposite the
removal. Make sure to bleed the brakes properly & thoroughly.
Back to Page 1 for reinstallation